Helpful Documents From Pletronics
- 3rd OT vs SAW Oscillator Performance - Comparison of a 3rd Overtone oscillator design and a SAW (Surface Acoustic Wave) resonator design.
The differences in phase noise and temperature characteristics of these two technologies used to obtain high frequency references are covered.
- Deca-BDE - Statement concerning the EU RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC and Deca-BDE.
- Determining Peak to Peak Frequency Jitter - Given RMS Jitter, how is Peak to Peak Jitter determined.
- Phase Noise Comparison - Pletronics fundamental and 3rd overtone crystal oscillators outperform PLL-based and MEMS oscillators.
- Phase Noise under Vibration -- Theory and Test Results - Theoretical background and experimental results. By Mr. Bernd Neubig, AXTAL, GmbH & Co. KG
- Pletronics Catalog - This obsolete Pletronics catalog of devices is being provided to help in obtaining details of older and obsolete devices. The device specifications and information is not current.
Last printed in late 2004.
- Quartz Resonator & Oscillator Tutorial - A tutorial about many of the devices and terms used in the Frequency Control Industry.
Written by Dr. John Vig, US Army Communications-Electronics Research, Development & Engineering Center, Fort Monmouth, NJ, USA, J.Vig@IEEE.org
Product Change Notices
End Of Life Product Information
- 1.8 Volt LVDS Oscillator Series - Discontinuance of 1.8 volt LVDS Series Oscillator.
- 2 Pad Cera/Cera Crystals - Discontinuance of 2 pad Cera/Cera SMD crystal series; SM12H2 and SM13H2
- 5.0 volt ceramic SMD oscillator above 70.0Mhz (DE, DES & DS part numbers) - Discontinuance of 5 x 7mm CMOS ceramic surface mount oscillator above 70.0 Mhz. (SM77xxDE, SM77xxDES, SM77xxDS part numbers only)
- 5.0V Metal Thru Hole Oscillators above 70.0Mhz - Discontinuance of Metal Through-hole style Oscillators at 5.0 Volts above 70.0 Mhz.
- Cera/Cera Crystals - SM12H (3.5 x 6.0mm) and SM13H (5 x 7mm) Cera/Cera crystal series
- CY26, CY39, and CY310 - Leaded tubular crytals that were never RoHS compliance. EOL issued 4/11/08
- FD5T and FD7T Multi Outupt CMOS Oscillator - FD5T (3.5 x 5.0mm) and FD7T (5 x 7mm) Multi output CMOS oscillator
- LV78/PE78 series Oscillators - LV78/PE78 series Oscillators
- LV93/PE93 & LV98/PE98 Discontinuance - Discontinuance of LVDS & PECL LV93XXDV, PE93xxDV, LV98XXDV & PE98XXDV series oscillators.
- LVDS Oscillators under 80.0Mhz - LVDS "D" and "B" series oscillators under 80.0Mhz Obsolete.
- Metal Through-hole style Oscillator under 70.0Mhz with exception of P1145-HCM-32.768K - P11 and SQ product Families
- PE1145BV-51.840M PECL Oscillator - Discontinuance of PE1145BV-51.840Mhz PECL Oscillator.
- PE88 and LV88 Series Oscillators - PE88 and LV88 series oscillators
- S3381 - S3883 - 32.768KHz CMOS Oscillators
- S3884-32.768Khz Oscillator - Discontinuance of S3884-32.768K CMOS Oscillator.
- SM10S Watch crystal - Discontinuance of 2.5 x 7.3mm plastic package watch crystal.
- SM11xxC series Oscillators - Plastic J-Leaded Oscillators
- SM12S Crystal Series - Discontinuance of miniature 1.82 x 4.95mm 2 pad surface mount crystal.
- SM40 SMD Crystal - SM40 Series (4.2mm high) HC-49/US SMD crystal with 4 pads.
- SM55xxT 5.0 Volt CMOS Oscillator Series - Discontinuance of 3.2 x 5.0mm CMOS ceramic surface mount oscillator series at 5.0 volts only. Part numbers affected SM55xxTE, SM55xxTES, SM55xxTS & SM55xxTY.
- SM77xxH 5.0 Volt CMOS Oscillator Series Under 70.0Mhz (HE, HS, HES & HY) - Discontinuance of 5 x 7mm CMOS ceramic surface mount oscillators below 70.0Mzh for 5.0 volts only. Part numbers affected SM77xxHE, SM77xxHS, SM77xxHES & SM77xxHY.
- TBA4 TCXO Series - Discontinuance of TBA4 TCXO Series
- TC4 and 3TC4 style TCXO Oscillators - Products Affected: Pletronics TC46, TC47, TC48, TC49, TV46, TV47, TV48, 3TC46, 3TC47, 3TC48, 3TC49, 3TV46, 3TV47, 3TV48
- THA4 TCXO Series - Discontinuance of THA4 TCXO Series
- UM1059, UM1060, UM1061 - discontinuance due to low production quantities.
- UM1068-49.152M - discontinuance due to low production quantities.
- UM1069, UM1070, UM1071, UM1072 - discontinuance due to low production quantities.
- VC1 & VC3 Series VCXO - Products Affected: Pletronics VC13H, VC14H, VC15H, VC16H, 3VC13H, 3VC14H, 3VC15H & 3VC16H
- WX26-32.768K-6PF-SMD - 6pF load capacitance surface mount watch crystal no longer available from production